Tuesday, April 21, 2015

That Little Black Dress

The Little Black Dress

A Woman's (Not So) Best Kept Secret


You can find a little black dress in most women's wardrobe as it's generally considered a must have staple. There are lots of different styles of what is affectionately referred to as the LBD available, you simply find a style that suits your body shape and you have a classic dress that you can wear with confidence.

Let's look at a few little black dress and see what one you prefer here -

River Island Sheer Panel Bodycon Dress
This dress is by River Island who are generally known for their vibrant printed party dresses, feminine detailing, statement jackets and lots of denim.

Here we don't have any of the vibrant prints, but their little black dress is full of feminine detailing and looks positively stunning.   Great details are what makes this dress and I personally think it's perfect for Friday night drinks.

If this one's not for you then maybe you'd prefer this next one from the ASOS collection.



ASOS Pencil Dress with Split Front

This pencil dress with split front is an example of a cutting edge little black dress.   This dress can take you from office vamp to party girl with just a fluff of your hair and some night time make-up!

Pussycat London Chiffon Dress with Zip Front

This year chiffon seems to be at the forefront and I do like the way it adds some floaty, romantic feminine feel to dresses.   This chiffon dress by Pussycat London combines the soft chiffon look with the 'rock chick' vibe that a front zip adds.

This is definitely a different LBD to the previous two and I can see this being worn with conservative jewelry and a pair of killer heels or with a studded necklace and pair of Doc Martens - now that's what I call a versatile dress!

ASOS Midi Bardot Skater Dress in Texture

This dress from ASOS adds an off the shoulder look that Brigette Bardot made famous in her sex goddess days (hence the nod to her in the dress' name) to the ever popular skater dress fit.   Although the dress is a little longer than you generally see in skater dresses.

I think this little black dress has a very sophisticated and international feel to it, I would almost feel like talking with a French accent while wearing it, but that might be taking things a bit too far!

XOXO Junior's Mesh-Layer Bodycon Dress
This dress from XOXO includes a number of different styles which is why I think it will be very popular this spring/summer.   First we start off with an extremely on-trend black bodycon dress (tick), now we add a mesh overlay which is also on-trend (tick) and finally let's add shoulder cutouts (tick, tick).   I would add some cutout sandals or summer booties to this LBD and dance the night away in style!

But wait, we have one more to enjoy.....

Jessica Simpson Ruffled Illusion Dress
This dress by Jessica Simpson is a LBD that's also an illusion dress.   I must admit I'm not overly taken with this design.   There are some illusion dresses that I really like, but this isn't one of them.....my 18 year old niece however absolutely loves it so I thought I'd better add it in in case you like her style more than mine!

I hope you've managed to find the perfect little black dress for YOUR wardrobe.

NOTE: If you purchase anything from one of these links I may receive a commission and perform a happy dance in my computer chair! “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

No comments:

Post a Comment